Creative cross-disciplinary web programmer with a passion for outer space. Voracious researcher. Communicates complex ideas with clear explanations and visual analogies.
Director of Backend Technology 2016–
Chromatic Media Inc., https://chromatic.fm
As a very early hire at a small startup I undertook a clean-sheet build for a new product. I was responsible for all aspects of the server infrastructure of a mobile streaming music application. I helped grow the development team from the ground up.
- Designed, implemented, and documented a REST API
- Built and managed all product server infrastructure on AWS
- Took requirements from front-end developers, designer, and management to develop product
Program Manager, Lab for Interconnected Devices 2014–2015
Portland State University, https://pdx.edu
I transformed the L.I.D. into a full prototyping makerspace at Portland State University. I was the lab’s first program manager and oversaw a move in to a larger space and its growth into vital part of the school of engineering.
- Build-out of new lab space, acquisition of new machines and capabilities
- Managed a large grant budget
- Taught students prototyping techniques (e.g., 3D printing)
- Developed lab policies and best practices
Consultant, Programmer 2010–2014
I was a Freelance software developer in Portland, Oregon. My client work was diverse and included full stack web programming, data visualization, HTML5/JS front end work, and robotics
- Interactive robotics installation for a large technology-focused children's museum
- Charts and report design for a small medical device company
Junior Consultant 2007–2009
Strategic Solutions NW, http://ssnwllc.com/
I was a member of a small group of technology and management consultants working for medium to large corporations
- Balanced many projects and clients simultaneously
- Rescued failing projects from other agencies and transformed them into successes
Rocket Scientist And Project Manager 2008–2016
Portland State Aerospace Society, http://psas.pdx.edu/
PSAS is an open aerospace engineering project. They build innovative ultra-low-cost, open source rockets that feature some of the most sophisticated amateur rocket avionics systems in the world. I spent may years as a principal contributor and key project manager for the group.
Helped push PSAS into one of the premier aerospace clubs in the world
Made significant contributions in almost all fields e.g: data analysis, software development and management, outreach
Sponsor/director of three computer science senior capstone projects
Open Source Projects, https://github.com/natronics/
I’ve both started and contributed to many open source projects.
Created a public API to NASA Space Station data, currently used worldwide: ~60 million requests per month
Contributor to https://spaceprob.es
Started a collection of D.I.Y. state-of-the-art aerospace simulation resources: https://open-aerospace.github.io
Bachelor of Science, Physics 2006
Appalachian State University, NC
Font End Web HTML/CSS Static Site Generation Modern CSS Frameworks
Python Web micro frameworks IPython (Jupyter) Notebooks Data Visualization Flask Falcon Matplotlib
DevOps And Infrastructure Ansible AWS git nginx
Space NASA Japanese Spaceflight History ISS real-time data GPS Spacecraft trajectory modeling
Download this docuement: